Management of Covid-19 Risk in Milford Care Centre’s Education Department
We are unable to provide any classroom-based activity at the moment until Covid 19 restrictions reduce.
We will return to classroom-based activity as soon as we assess it to be safe to do so.
We here in Milford Care Centre are aware of concerns you may have as health care workers in view of Covid 19. When we can return to classroom based activity we will adhere to the following stringent measures to ensure the safety of class participants and facilitators:
- Our seminar room has been assessed and measured, there is now reduced capacity (max 14 person.) This facilitates 2m social distancing and includes circulation space for all participants.
- You will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire on the morning of the study day. Please allow adequate time to complete the screening questionnaire prior to the study day start time.
- Clinical skills sessions are limited to 7 participants, this will allow adequate time for decontamination of equipment between participant demonstrations.
- Decontamination of surfaces is essential in light of Covid 19.
o Classroom equipment will be decontaminated at the end of each study day.
o Skills equipment will be decontaminated prior to and between each individual participant demonstration
o Restrooms will be decontaminated on a scheduled basis by household staff.
- Appropriate respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene must be adhered to at all times.
- Hand sanitizer should be applied on entering and exiting the seminar room. Hand sanitizer is provided outside seminar room and within the seminar room at both entry and exit point.
- Restaurant facilities are currently limited to staff working within Milford Care Centre. Therefore, participants not employed at Milford Care Centre are asked to bring their own lunch/ refreshments.
- There is a shop with a delicatessen and restaurants approximately 5 minutes walking distance from Milford Care Centre.