At Milford Care Centre the integration of care, evidence-based practice, education and research is important in fulfilling our mission and values.
Due to its advanced multidisciplinary structure and functioning, the Centre has a unique opportunity to engage in research across a wide range of healthcare disciplines including Palliative Care and Care of the Older Person.
Research Governance – Research and Systems Group (RSG).
This group has as its primary objectives the promotion, development and integration of research activities throughout the organisation. Our goal is to improve care for patients and those close to them. It is about determining what works best and finding new ways of responding effectively to people’s needs.
The Research and Systems group is responsible for:
- Review of all research projects involving patients, clients, residents or staff of Milford Care Centre
- Determination of research priorities and strategic plans
- Promotion of research awareness and research skills training
- Fostering and encouraging research activity through agreed programmes of research
- Undertaking high quality research
- Promotion and maintenance of strategic links and partnerships
- Ensuring that research policies reflect appropriate research governance and ethical guidelines.
Have you a research idea? Would you like to become involved in research?
If you wish to complete a study at Milford Care Centre please complete the Research Proposal form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Martina O’Reilly, Head of Education, Research and Quality, Milford Care Centre, Castletroy, Limerick.
Publications by staff in Milford Care Centre are available on LENUS, the Irish Healthcare Repository