- This event has passed.
A time for action: Driving Quality Improvement in Patient Care
April 26 @ 9:00 am - April 27 @ 12:30 pm€120.00 – €260.00
The dates of the conference are Wednesday April 26th 2023, 9.00 – 17.00 and Thursday April 27th 2023, 9.00 – 12.30. Registration with refreshments from 8.00.
Venue: Castletroy Park Hotel.
Eligible to attend: All health care professionals working in Palliative Care including clinicians, managers, educators and administrators
Fees: April 26th = €180, April 27th = €120, April 26th and 27th = €260
This conference is for healthcare professionals working in Specialist Palliative Care who wish to improve patients and families care using outcome measurement and quality improvement methodologies. It will offer opportunities for the practical exploration of the challenges of introducing outcome measures into routine practice, and will include tips and insights for success. Conference delegates will have an opportunity to hear from and converse with members of PCOC Australia, and European and Irish experts.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Prof David Currow – Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Sustainable Futures at the University of Wollongong,
- Dr Barbara Daveson – Palliative Care Outcomes Collaboration’s National Director at the Australian Health Services Research Institute at University of Wollongong,
- Prof Claudia Bausewein – Director of the Department of Palliative Medicine at Munich University Hospital and Chair for Palliative Medicine at Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich,
- Prof Fliss Murtagh – Professor of Palliative Care at Hull York Medical School, Associate Director of the Wolfson Palliative Care Research Centre and an NIHR Senior Investigator,
- Prof Karen Ryan – UCD Clinical Professor and Consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Francis Hospice and the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital,
- Dr Brian Creedon – Consultant in Palliative Medicine, University Hospital Waterford, Clinical Director for the National Office of Clinical Audit (NOCA).
CONFERENCE AGENDA / TIME-TABLE CLICK HERE
For any conference inquiries or if you need to cancel your ticket purchase, please contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org (061) 485881.
We look forward to hosting you in the Limerick in April 2023.
11 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland).
9 Continuing Professional Development (CPD)credits from Royal College of Physicians of Ireland. (6 CPD credits for April 26th and 3 CPD credits for APRIL 27th ).