Eligible to attend: Doctors, Nurses and Other Health & Social Care Professional.
Time: 08.30 – 17:00
- To increase each participants awareness of their own communication skills.
- To demonstrate the importance of good communication skills.
- To explore strategies for improving the health care professionals’ communication skills.
- Utilise the appropriate communication skills and strategies required to handle difficult situations with empathy and compassion.
- Tailor complex information to meet the needs of patients and carers.
- Reflect upon and critically appraise their own communication skills.
- Show awareness of the evidence base concerning optimal communication skills.
Extra Consideration prior to applying for course:
Each participant will be required to undertake a role play based on a previous encounter with a person, relative or colleague. This will be video recorded and reviewed to enhance participant learning.
Due to the focus and reflective nature of this course, practitioners are advised to contact the course facilitator if they have had a significant trauma or bereavement in the last 6-9 months.
NMBI CEU RCPI CPD Pending