- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Clinical Audit Workshop Autumn 2020
September 3 - October 22Free
Eligible to attend: Health Care Professionals/Managers
Time: 9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
The aim of this workshop is to deliver a half day programme to clinicians in methods, theory, and practices of the Clinical Audit process. The workshop on the second day involves presentation of audits by the candidates that they have completed in their workplace.
Clinical audit involves comparing current practice to evidence based best practice in the form of standards. This quality improvement seeks to improve the patient care and outcomes through systematic review of care, against explicit evidence based criteria and the implementation of change.
This course will be of interest to health care professionals or health care managers who plan to engage in clinical audit as part of their work. Prior knowledge of clinical audit is not required.
Main topics which will be discussed:
- Overview of Clinical Audit in healthcare
- Definition of Clinical Audit
- The steps of the Clinical Audit cycle
- Overview and practical use of tools and techniques for Clinical Audit
Upon successful completion of this course, you:-
- Should have an insight into managing and leading a clinical audit project from start to finish
- Will have acquired practical knowledge of the application of tools and techniques
- Will have a clear definition and understanding of clinical audit and how this fits with care
- Will be able to apply theory to practice
8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland)