General Wound Management 13th May, 2024
Eligible to attend: Registered Nurses
Time: 08.30 – 13.30
This blended programme provides an overview of the assessment, treatment and management of wounds including Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and fungating wounds.
The blended course comprising of two parts: 2 x online presentations listed below accessed through our Moodle site www.e-life.ie . Access will be given 2 weeks prior to attending the classroom.
Part 1- voiceover presentations
- Overview of the structure of skin and examines the physiological process of wound healing.
- Wound bed preparation and TIME in wound
It is essential that these presentations are accessed prior to attending the classroom and a certificate of completion is presented to the facilitator arriving in the classroom.
Part 2 – Classroom element as outlined below:
- Recap & Wound assessment case studies
- Principles of wound management
- Dressing selection hydra onion workshop
- Demonstration of negative pressure wound therapy
- Demonstration of bandaging technique
This day is facilitated by a wound care specialist from University Hospital Limerick and has been an extremely popular course in previous years.
Accreditation/CPD: 7.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland).