Introduction to Palliative Care January – December 2023
January 16 - December 31€25.00
This is an E-learning course and can be taken at a time convenient to the attendee.
Eligible to attend: All levels of Healthcare Professionals
The aim of this online programme is to enable participants to understand the principles of palliative care and their application to practice, thereby improving the standard of care delivery and quality of life for patients and their families.
This programme is designed for healthcare professionals who seek an understanding of “what palliative care is” and acts as a guide to achieving their competence requirements within a wide variety of healthcare settings.
The focus of the programme is to equip the healthcare professional with evidence-based information enabling them to feel confident and knowledgeable when caring for a person with a life-limiting condition. It has been developed in line with the National Palliative Care Competence Framework and has been informed by other international competence frameworks and evidence-based guidelines and literature.
The online course must be completed within a 3 month time frame from date of purchase and access to the content will not be available after this time frame has passed.
Main Topics discussed include:
- Defining the Principles of Palliative Care, End of Life Care and the Palliative Care Approach
- The Application of the Principles in Practice
- Multidisciplinary team collaboration
- The integration & significance of the physical, psychological, social and spiritual issues that affect palliative patients and their families
- Recognition of the timely requirements within each of the levels of palliative care specialization – Level 1 – The Palliative approach, Level 2 – General intermediate level, Level 3 – Specialist palliative care
- The importance of “self-care awareness” and strategies to adopt in reducing the burden impact which can arise when caring for people facing life-limiting conditions.
Accreditation/CPD: 2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland).