- This event has passed.
Searching the Literature 21st February 2024
Eligible to attend:
Participants who are interested in conducting searches of healthcare literature searches.
Time: 09.30 – 12.30
The aim of this 3 hour workshop is to enable participants to use different features of Cinahl and PubMed when searching and to enhance their ability to find information more effectively.
CINAHL® provides indexing for 2,928 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. CINAHL covers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
This course is designed for health care practitioners, students and academics that are keen to develop their search skills to assist them with further study, research and to find evidence to inform and support clinical practice.
Main topics which will be discussed:
Key principles and practical workshop in carrying out a search
After attending these courses, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key principles in carrying out a search such as how to plan a literature search and to identify appropriate keywords
- Ability to search using keywords and thesaurus subjects and to understand the difference between them
- Understand how to limit and broaden results when necessary
- Learn how to search using authors, journal names and how to use the citation matcher
- Ability to modify your search, set up a saved search and an alert
4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland).