- This event has passed.
Subcutaneous Fluid Administration: Blended Learning 16th November 2021
November 16, 2021€60.00
Eligible to attend: Registered Nurses
The aim of this Blended Learning course is to provide nurses from a variety of settings i.e. nursing homes, hospitals, residential service, intellectual disability service, home care with an overview of the principles of subcutaneous fluid administration.
Subcutaneous fluid administration is a safe, simple technique that may be used to provide fluid to patients unable to do so by mouth (Martinez-Riquelm, Allison 2005, Walsh 2005).
This blended course is divided into a theory and practical element.
- The theory element is completed on our Moodle site www.e-life.ie prior to attending your practical assessment. You will be given access 2 weeks prior to your practical assessment.
- A certificate of completion of the theory element of the course must be presented to the nurse tutor on arrival at your practical assessment.
- A time slot for your practical assessment will be issued to you, it is non-negotiable due to the coordination of multiple attendees.
On completion of this blended programme participants will have gained knowledge of:
- Key issues in relation to the scope of practice in administrating subcutaneous fluids
- The anatomy and physiology of the Integumentary system
- Decision making and ethical consideration in artificial hydration
- Procedure outlined as per local policy
- Equipment required
- Skin site choice
- Indications, contra indications and prevention of complications in administrating of subcutaneous fluids
5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland)