The Palliative Approach: A programme for Healthcare Assistants 20th March, 2024 (Virtual)
Eligible to attend: Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s)
Time: 09.30 – 13.30
The aim of this virtual course is to provide HCA’s with an understanding of palliative care principles and their application to practice. It allows participants to improve their knowledge and skills in the provision of palliative care in the clinical area through reflection and discussion.
This is an interactive programme examining the philosophy and principles of palliative care. The programme focuses not only on the physical alleviation of symptoms but also addresses the psychosocial, spiritual and emotional needs of individuals with life-limiting conditions.
On completing this study day participants will:
- Gain an insight into the philosophy and principles of palliative care & care of the individual with life limiting conditions
- Identify the skills required by HCA’s when adopting a palliative care approach
- Gain knowledge on the importance of person-centered care
- Recognise your role in symptom management and in the last 24/48 hours of an individual’s life
- Recognise and discuss the HCA’s role in good communication with their colleagues, the individual and their family