Tracheostomy Care for Healthcare Practitioners 20 October 2023
October 20, 2023€85.00
Eligible to attend: Healthcare Professionals
Time: 09:30 – 16:00
The aim of this programme is to provide up to date knowledge, skills and evidence-based practices in tracheostomy care, thus facilitating uniform practices and procedures in caring for patients with a tracheostomy and the effective management of tracheostomy resources. Education in tracheostomy care for health professionals will facilitate competency in relation to efficient and effective holistic care for the patient.
On completion of this course, course participants will:
- Have a greater knowledge and understanding of the anatomy and physiology of airway and swallow.
- Appreciate the knowledge, skills, tools and competency
required in tracheostomy care.
- Apply up-to-date, evidence based
guidelines to tracheostomy care.
- Reflect on how the knowledge and skills acquired will
enhance their practice.
- Demonstrate and appreciate how to effectively use resources.
- Appreciate the importance of effectively using
multidisciplinary links necessary for optimal recovery of
patients who have a tracheostomy.
- Be facilitated with the necessary knowledge and skills to
competently undertake discharge planning.
6.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland)