- This event has passed.
Venepuncture Study Day Blended Learning 8th September 2021
Eligible to attend: Registered Nurses
Time: 09:30-15:30 (Time slots will be allocated individually).
The aim of this workshop is to provide the nurse with up to date evidence based knowledge, skills and competencies to safely and successfully carry out Venepuncture for adult patients.
This blended course is divided into a theory and practical element.
- The theory element is completed on our Moodle site www.e-life.ie prior to attending your practical assessment. You will be given access 2 weeks prior to your practical assessment.
- A certificate of completion of the theory element of the course must be presented to the nurse tutor on arrival at your practical assessment.
- Please view the recorded demonstration of this clinical skill (as many times as you need) on e-life and be familiar with it prior to attending the practical assessment as there will be no demonstration in person
- A time slot for your practical assessment will be issued to you, it is non-negotiable due to the coordination of multiple attendees.
On successful completion of the day participants will be able to:
- Identify key issues in relation to the scope of practice in performing Venepuncture.
- Identify anatomical structures and appropriate choice of sites applicable to Venepuncture
- Describe the infection control and health and safety principles in relation to the safe clinical practice of Venepuncture.
- Identify the procedure and practitioners role in Venepuncture as supported by the HSE National Framework Guidelines.
- Have knowledge on the management of problems and potential complications.
- Demonstrate their skill using a safe and effective technique in Venepuncture on the training arms.
- Outline the procedure involved in completing Venepuncture Competency Record Form.
Please ensure that you can complete your competency requirement following completion of this course.
7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) approved by An Bord Altranais Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (The Nurse and Midwifery Board of Ireland)