This privacy statement sets out how Milford Care Centre uses and protects any information you provide us with when you use this website. By registering on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this statement.
Milford Care Centre is the Data Controller of all personal information that is collected about service users, family members/carers, volunteers, staff, donors, fundraisers, employees, students, suppliers and contractors.
Milford Care Centre will endeavour to ensure that your privacy is protected and acts in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2016. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Milford Care Centre may change this statement from time to time by updating this page. You should review this page regularly so that you will always be aware of what information we collect, how it is used and under what circumstances, if any, we share it with other parties.
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
By using this website, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with, or are uncomfortable with, any aspect of this Privacy Statement, then please discontinue use of the Website. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
When do we collect information about you?
- are a user of our services
- visit our website
- enquire about any of our services or products, either online or via email or telephone
- book to attend and pay for a course, buy a product or service
- book to attend an Education course
- book and pay to attend a conference
What we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide us with when using the website such as name, address, job title, contact information, including email address, credit/debit card details, bank account details, telephone number, etc.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Processing transactions e.g. donating or purchasing online or registering for an event
- Updating our donor and education databases, as appropriate
- Answering your general query
- Organising events or activities for which you have previously registered
- When you book to attend a course or conference we collect information to register you for the event and to allow us to keep you up to date about it. We collect your name, home and/or work address, email address, contact details, employer, if applicable, payment details
- Keeping in touch with you by post or electronically about similar courses, conferences or events, campaigns etc.,
- Some of the same information will be collected if you apply to become a staff member or a volunteer.
Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical or research purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our services
- To manage our courses
- To reply to your queries
- To process payments
- To provide you with products you have requested
- To contact you if you regarding similar courses/conference and events, e.g. newsletters. Please note you are free to unsubscribe at any time.
Milford Care Centre will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Milford Care Centre is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
The Centre runs a number of education courses, has products on sale at various times during the year. We will send you information on similar courses or events to those that you have purchased. You may opt out at a later date. You have a right to ask us at any time not to contact you for marketing reasons. If you no longer wish to be contacted for such purposes you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or by clicking the unsubscribe button on any emails or texts you have received from us.
Under GDPR you, as a Data Subject, have a number of rights including:
- The right of access – you have the right know whether we hold and/or process your personal data; the purposes for which we use it, the categories concerned and how long we hold it.
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate information corrected or, if missing, completed
- The right of erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – you have the right to have personal data erased under certain conditions including when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected; if you withdraw consent for its use and there are no other legal grounds for it to be used; it has to be erased to comply with a legal obligation
- The right to restriction of processing – you have the right to have processing of your data restricted under certain conditions including: where the accuracy of the data is contested; the processing is unlawful; where it is no longer needed by MCC but you may need it for legal purposes yourself
- The right to data portability – you have the right to have information transferred to another data controller under certain circumstances – this most often arises if you change a service provider, e.g. electricity, gas or a mobile phone company.
- The right to object to direct marketing – You have the right to object to your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes (and may withdraw your consent at any time if you have given it previously)
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – you have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner – for further information see https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/complaints/1592.htm
- However the DPC advises that any concerns should be raised with the Data Controller (Milford Care Centre) in the first instance as this may lead to a speedier resolution.
All such requests must be made in writing, to the following address:
By post: Data Protection Co-ordinator, Milford Care Centre, Castletroy, Limerick.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be asked for additional information to verify your identity or to assist us in locating the right data. This will only be used for verification purposes.
Milford Care Centre accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Birth Certificate
- Driving licence
Where you request a copy of the information held we will forward you a copy of it within 30 days (although there may be certain cases where that timeline may be extended. If so we will let you know before the 30 days are up).
Note that certain data is exempt from disclosure under the Data Protection Act 2018, including certain privileged and confidential information.
Electronic communications you receive from us regarding similar courses, conferences or events will include clear instructions on how you can opt-out of receiving further communications
Content we publish using social media platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn is subject to separate terms and conditions. Should you choose to communicate with us or to follow us on social media, it is your decision to choose your preferred profile settings.
We will endeavour to ensure your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Credit card payments are handled by a specialist payments service provider who is certified to the appropriate payment card industry data security standard. MCC does not store credit card details when payments are made through our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not transfer personal data outside the European Economic area. Any such transfers to third party services will be made in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Emails sent to us and including attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software maybe used.
Email can be an unsecure method of transmitting personal data and any personal information sent can be intercepted and read by third parties.
Our websites may use social plugins (“plugins”) provided by the social network facebook.com, (“Facebook”) or twitter The plugins are identifiable by a Facebook or Twitter logo or the “Like” button.
Milford Care Centre, Castletroy, Limerick. Email: email@example.com
Charity number with Revenue is CHY12761
Charity number with the Charities Regulator is 20038113
Data Protection Co-ordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Department. email@example.com